Costa Rica Sport Fishing Charters in the Papagayo Gulf
North Pacific Tours offers coastal trolling, casting, bottom and fly fishing. Captain Mauricio and his mate have many different fishing tactics and techniques to put you on the fish! They are known to be the best hard working crew on the water.
We like for our experienced angles to have an active involvement, a hand’s on approach who want to actually fish themselves, rather than just watch a mate hook a fish and hand them the rod. If you are an inexperienced fisherman/woman, not a problem as the crew will be guiding you along the way. Want to target a specific fish? If so, let us know prior to booking and we’ll have the boat set up and ready to catch your bucket list fish.
Our fishing charters in the Papagayo waters are always in-shore which means that you will always see the land. The Don Manuel is not a boat for deep sea fishing which requires a larger vessel as well as different licenses and Costa Rica requirements. If you want go deep sea fishing, you will need a bigger boat which Lisa coordinate for you. Please note that many of the large fishing vessles fish right next to us!
Your Fishing Charter is Private & Includes
- All tackle – this is an all inclusive charter
- Experienced English speaking Captain
- Live bait, ballyhoo and sardines will be on the boat
- Two Coolers with Ice: One for your catch and the other with beverages – bottled water, beer, soda, juice, iced tea and pineapple
- Lunch and snacks are included on our full day trips
- Trips are PRIVATE unless you would like a share charter
- NO HIDDEN FEES – Taxes included
- Your catch will be cleaned, bagged for you to take with you. One of the crew will do this prior to returning to shore at no extra charge
- Prices are for up to 4 Passengers* – not per person
Fishing licenses not included – Active link to INCOPESCA to purchase your ticket online. There is ongoing problem with their website. If you run into problems, please contact us direct and we will assist you.
Please consider gratuities for your crew as it is customary to tip a charter boat, whether or not you catch a fish. 20% of the total cost is customary but to your discretion of course. You can read more on our FAQ page.
What to Bring
- A light weight hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt for sun protection (Quick dry material is best)
- Light rain jacket if you are coming between the months of May-November
- Towel if you are plant to take a swim
- Dry bag for electronics. If you do not have one, notify us prior and we’ll have one on the boat
- Copy or Photo on your phone of your Passport
Half-Day – 5 Hours*
7 a.m. – 12 p.m.
5 to 10 Miles
3/4 Day – 6 Hours*
7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
10 to 12 Miles
Full Day – 8 Hours**
7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
20 to 30 Miles
* Up to 4 passengers. 5 passengers maximum on half days, there is an additional $50 charge
** Up to 4 passengers
Prices Include All Taxes