Papagayo Sport Fishing Charters
Sport Fishing Charters in the Papagayo Gulf
North Pacific Tours offers coastal trolling, casting, bottom and fly fishing. Captain Mauricio and his mate have many different fishing tactics and techniques to put you on the fish! They are known to be the best hard working crew on the water.
We like for our experienced angles to have an active involvement, a hand’s on approach who want to actually fish themselves, rather than just watch a mate hook a fish and hand them the rod. If you are an inexperienced fisherman/woman, not a problem as the crew will be guiding you along the way.
Our fishing charters in the Papagayo waters are done in-shore coastal which means that you will always see the land. If you want to target a specific fish, let us know during your reservation process and the boat will be set up that day for what you’d like to get.
The Don Manuel is not a boat for deep sea fishing which requires a larger vessel as well as different licenses and Costa Rica requirements. If you want go deep sea fishing, you will need a larger boat which Lisa can recommend but please note that many of the large vessles fish right next to us!
Your Fishing Charter Includes
- All tackle – this is an all inclusive charter
- Experienced English speaking Captain
- Live bait, ballyhoo and sardines will be on the boat
- Two Coolers with Ice: One for your catch and the other with beverages – bottled water, beer, soda, juice, iced tea and pineapple
- Lunch and snacks are included on our full day trips
- Trips are PRIVATE unless you would like a share charter
- NO HIDDEN FEES
- Your catch will be cleaned, bagged for you to take with you. One of the crew will do this prior to returning to shore at no extra charge.
What to Bring
- A light weight hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt for sun protection (Quick dry material is best)
- Light rain jacket if you are coming between the months of May-November
- Towel if you are snorkeling
- Dry bag for electronics. If you do not have one, notify us prior and we’ll have one on the boat
- Copy or Photo on your phone of your Passport – Passports must be valid for six months to enter Costa Rica
Fishing licenses not included – Active link to INCOPESCA to purchase your ticket online. There is ongoing problem with their website. If you run into problems, please contact us direct and we will assist you.
Please consider gratuities for your crew as it is customary to tip a charter boat, whether or not you catch a fish. 20% of the total cost is customary but to your discretion of course. You can read more on our FAQ page.